“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!”
― Ted Grant
Hi I'm Sougat Kumar Mandal, Travel and Street Photographer. I am a Engineer by profession but Photographer by passion. I think a picture is always a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know. All photographs are more of a moment and emotion than just a piece of paper. To take a photograph is to participate in another person’s (or thing’s) mortality, vulnerability, mutability. Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time’s relentless melt. A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.
Presently I am working on a home project named Bharat Darshan what gives you the glimpse of India through my lens.
I have done BTech in Mechanical Engineering and Diploma in Photography.
I have been doing travel photography since 2010
Awards & Nominations:
1. Featured by NatgeoIndia
2. All about water Project: Staff Winter Selection Award 2015 by Viewbug
3. Viewbug The 2020 Vision Project :Peer Choice Award
4. Viewbug Photography awards 2018: Community Choice Award
5. Viewbug The wonders of the world Award 2015: Top Shot Award
6. Viewbug The wonders of the world Award 2019: Member Selection Award
7. View bug Our world at night 2019: Elite award
8. Nominated in Top 10 class in Inspiring Land Scape 2020 by Viewbug.